The most technically advanced codes in the world
Eurocode 2: Design of concrete structures — Part 1: General rules and rules for buildings , together with United Kingdom National Application Document. This publication comprises the English language version of ENV 1992-1-1:1991 , in the design of buildings to be constructed in the United Kingdom.
ENV 1992-1-1:1991 results from a programme of work sponsored by the European Commission to make available a common set of rules for the design of building and civil engineering works.
An ENV is made available for provisional application, but does not have the status of a European Standard. The aim is to use the experience gained to modify the ENV so that it can be adopted as a European Standard.
Benefits of using Eurocode 2
Learning to use the new Eurocodes will require time and effort on behalf of the designer, so what benefits will there be?
- The new Eurocodes are claimed to be the most technically advanced codes in the world.
- Eurocode 2 should result in more economic structures than BS 8110.
- The Eurocodes are logical and organised to avoid repetition.
- Eurocode 2 is less restrictive than existing codes.
- Eurocode 2 is more extensive than existing codes.
- Use of the Eurocodes will provide more opportunity for designers to work throughout Europe.
- In Europe all public works must allow the Eurocodes to be used.
Do you want to be the best structural engineer in the world ? So please start to be master the code , here PDF version of Eurocode2 about 194 pages (file PDF 2927 kb)
Do you have another code ? Please share to us. Thanks.